Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few days I was observing constant restarts in my pc showing a blue screen. Sometimes when it was restarting, without complete reboot it was restarting again. I thought it to be XP error and tried to format. During format also it showed blue screen and restarted. During some tries it showed many times to not able to copy some files from windows cd. Though I succeeded after many tries to format the problem continued. After formatting when I tried to install some softwares from the same drive which were working perfectly before showed to corrupt. For this reason I thought it is HDD error. Since I am having a second HDD on the pc I tried to install XP in that but the same problem as stated above appeared. When I tested the first HDD in a friends pc it formated without any problem. I replaced the PSU yet no help of that. Since I am having 4 ramsticks of 3 diferent company I tried to use only one thinking that it may be causing problem, yet no use. Problem continues.

Please suggest what has happend to my pc, is it a cpu or motherboard problem. If then how I can detect it. Can the optical drive cause this type of error ?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CPU-AMD athlon 64 3000+ (1.8GHZ)
MOTHERBOARD-Asus M2NPV-MX
RAM-2 X 512MB + 2 X 1GB (Apacer, Dynet, Dgnet)
Video- Zotac 8600gt 512 MB DDR2 (Without this also the same problems occure with onboard geforce 6150)
PSU-Intex 450 Watt +

BSOD reports different errors as I feel (may not be, as the Blue screen stays fraction of second before restart am not sure). While formatting it stayed for a while and showed "page file in non paged area" and normal messages- to prevent damage of your hardware....., disable newly added hardware....., update driver if you see this message frequently........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.