Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's configured properly with my POP and smtp addresses. It's always worked fine, but about a week ago stopped receiving. I can still get my email online, but something's wrong with Outlook Express.

help

·
Registered
126 Posts
You say that you know that your settings are OK have you looked at them or are you assuming they are all OK?

Can you send mail?

If you easily have access to another machine can you setup and try your mail there?

Have you installed any new programs or changed any of your settings recently?

What version of Outlook Express are you using?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's very odd. I can send email using Outlook Express 5.02 on my main Mac, but Outlook won't receive. I can send and receive online, too, but I like having certain emails stored and organized in OE.

One of my other Macs on the network is running OS X, and uses the Mail app and that works fine.

Something's weird with OE, but I can't figure it out. Like I said, the incoming and outgoing mail server addresses are right, I've checked numerous times.

And I deleted the account and started a new one with the same correct settings. same problem.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am sorry jonothon77 but when I answered your post this morning I did not realize that you were running a MAC I fear that my knowledge of MAC’s is very limited so I had better leave you to find someone else better to help.

I hope you solve your problem soon. Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.