Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Acer Aspire 5733z-4851 500gb HD & 8gb ram, using windows 7. When I connect to the internet the page loads up but each page is missing some information, Any page with a box saying click here to continue the box does not show (I have no way to continue). Checking email is a problem, PCH with a yellow or blue box "click here to continue" the box does not show up. On ebay alot of information is missing on the selling page. This problem is not just limited to the internet, when I try to trouble shoot this issue some information is missing on some pages. Can any body help me with this issue. Thank you all for any help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi & thanks for your response. I bought this used & this problem has been w/the laptop since I bought it. I have been afraid to go back to a previous restore point because they might have a password lock on this. I use firefox but this issue is happening to some information inside the computer when im not connected to the internet. I tried to get comcast to link w/my laptop there was no box to add comcast.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw on the internet that I can reset this laptop to factory setting with out using a cd recovery disk. Is this true?

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Depends on the model and the method for doing the recovery. There are some "sticky" posts at the top of the laptop forum which explains the process for the different companies. There may be a utility already installed that allows you to create recovery discs.

If you look in disk management you should see a recovery partition usually 6GB - 10GB in size where the manufacturer will keep the recovery image.

If you bought the laptop used I would definitely restore or re-install as you have no idea what could be on the laptop.

·
Premium Member
41,817 Posts
Here is the standard Acer Recovery Instructions

1. Power on the machine
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the “Alt” key and press the “F10” key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click “Restore to Factory Default Settings”
4. Click “OK” to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press “OK” to reboot unit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.