Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first post here, hope you can help me out with this problem!

Alright I'm using Firefox at the moment as my browser cause my Internet Explorer 6 is acting up.

Basically I wanted to click on the favourites tab in IE6 and accidently clicked "Media". The whole browser crashed (it was fair enough, I had a few programs open) and the window closed etc. Now everytime I try to load IE6 up, it has the Media tab wanting to load up as well, and it crashes the browser everytime. It crashes before any buttons have loaded up so I can't close the Media bar in IE itself because they don't load in time before it crashes, the whole window starts out transparent as if it's trying to load everything, but it stops after a while or if I click in the window itself and just turns white and non-responsive. I've tried leaving it for over 5 minutes to see if it loads itself up eventually but it doesn't happen. I've also tried changing my homepage to a blank screen so it has even less to load up but that doesn't help either. I've noticed it seems to crash when it's loading some sort of image, but I'm not sure if this is actually the cause, I'd sooner just be able to close this window than worry about that.

All I really need to know is if theres a way for me to change the option to have the media bar open everytime I load up IE without having to open IE itself...I think it probably requires some sort of registry editing? It's basically a case of I'm definitely sure it's the media bar thats causing the problem, so I've just got to find a way to stop it from loading everytime I boot up IE.

Worth a shot anyway! Thanks in advance.
Kev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't done any automatic updates for a while so I probably do still use that version. Last time I did an update it crashed my whole system though...I'm running on a pretty poor machine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.