Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot log onto the Net. I can receive my email sometime but cannot log onto to any web sites. My ISP is Camalott Communications.The computer with the problem is a Dell Demnsion, running ME. My computer times out when it trys to go to any website such as Yahoo or any other one. Can you help me out. .i run norton anti virus and xoftsoft to get rid of bad stuff. I am sendindg this on my other small computer on the same dialup line.....thank you, jerry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cannot log on

No, there is no error message. It is the regular timed out page with the heading saying "this page cannot be displayed" and then at the bottom of page says, "cannot find server or DNS error". internet explorer......thanks jerry

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Download WinsockFix and unzip it. Then double-click on it to run it.
Reboot and see if it has resolved your issue. If it does, you may want to post a HJT log in the Security Forum for further review of your system. You may have more going on than meets the eye

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Winsock

Sorry I but can't get on line to download WinsockFix with the infected computer. But this afternoon I ran Norton's One Button checkup, it found two errors that norton could not fix. I don't think that they are my problem tho. After running OBC I checked for Live Up dates and my pc connected to Norton's website which I couldn't hardly believe. They sent some updates but nothing changed or I still can't go to any other web site.
The files that Norton found to be missing and can't fix are,
C:\LXKZ33lxaiweb.exe,
problem: cannot access a necessary file, lxaigf.dll.
Missing file; C:\ProgramFiles\HP\Digtal
problem; Imaging\bin\hpqgrcpy.exe
cannot acess a necessary file hpgreg32.DLL
Thank you...................jerry

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
I think you need to post a HJT log in the Security Forum. You can download HJT to a floppy/thumb drive. Follow these instructions to post a log.

Download and install: HiJackThis.

(Always create a Folder for HiJackThis anywhere but your Temp/Temporary Internet Folders or Desktop. A good place to make a folder would be in My Documents, as this is where it will save the backup files needed if there's a problem.)

Then doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Do A System Scan And Save Log". Make sure all Windows and Browsers are closed.
When the scan is finished, best to save your text file in the same folder as where you put HiJackthis.

IMPORTANT!!!
Create a New Topic and include a fresh HJT log in the HiJackThisLog Help Forum and Copy/Paste the info from your saved Hijackthis log file into your new topic.

A Moderator/ Security Team Analyst will give you instructions.

***DO NOT TRY TO FIX ANYTHING, MAJOR DAMAGE CAN BE DONE TO YOUR SYSTEM IF THIS TOOL IS USED INCORRECTLY, PLEASE WAIT FOR AN ANALYST/MODERATOR TO GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS***

Always describe your problem and any programs you have used to try to resolve your issue. Your description can go a long way to solving/repairing your particular issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.