Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently imnstalled Windows XP professional in my PC. Currently my monitor is flickering and at the bootup time I see an error that Horizontal sync is below the specified limit. I have installed S3 ProSavage DDR graphics driver that came with my motherboard and I tried various modes in Adaptor settings but didn't help much. I continue to get same error message and the flickering continues.

I downloaded the driver for my LG 700s monitor from the internet but when I go into Controlpanel/Display/Settings/Advanced and select the monitor tab, I cannot load it as the "properties" button is greyed out. It says type of the monitor is plug and play. I do have administrator rights on the PC. I would be greatful for suggestions how to get around this problem!

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
if the driver you d/l is an exe file click on it,if ir is a zip or rar file open it up look for a readme file for any special instructions and click on setup or install
the refresh rate on an lcd compared to a crt monitor is lower,when i installed my lcd i reuced the refresh rate from 85 to 60 before swapping them over

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. The driver I have downloaded has 700s.inf file and
700s.icm file. Installation procedure says that I have to go into Controlpanel/Display/Settings/Advanced and select the monitor tab, then
click on properties to update the driver. But unfortunately in my case
"properties" button is greyedout (disabled). So I am unable to update the
driver. Any idea why it is disabled ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.