Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, and thanks in advance if u can help me with this.

i got this stupid problem, and its the following.

I had my friend come over so that we can have a mini-LAN. We connected the PCs through a hub. Then we ran the little windows XP network wizzard, and chose the option "Lan w/ internet connected through a hub". We also installed the netbios and IPX protocol (tcp/ip was already there). I also remembered to DISABLE the windows xp firewall on both computers. I could then download files from one of his folders, and also send files from my computer to his, and vice versa. Yet when we tried to create a LAN game in several games (battlefield 1942, warcraft 3) i could not find his game, and he could not find my game, they wouldn't show up in the list. So we ended up having to create games on the interent and join those.

I wanna do something like this again soon, but i would like to create the games on the LAN instead of on the internet.

(i also ran the wizzard "connected through hub, without internet to test it, but i still couldnt find his LAN games, and he couldnt find mine)

Another note, my friend USED to have PC cillion (firewall) but uninstalled it, its not possible that it might have let any remains?

Again thank you very much if you can help me with this

_x3x3non_

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.