1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte K7 Triton 400 GA-7VAXP
PROCESSOR: AMD ATHLON XP 2100+ 1.7GHZ
MEMORY: 768MB DDR RAM
HEATSINK = Thermaltake Volcano 6 Cu
POWER SUPPLY = Maxpower 300W
GRAPHICS = ATI RADEON 9200 AGP

The other day I bought a Radeon 9200 for my computer and reinstalled Windows XP. I installed new drivers for the graphics card. The computer would restart itself, and when I got to the screen where you choose safe mode or start normally, id pick normal, but the comp would either lock up or restart itself, so i kept doing that until i could get into windows xp, and then it would restart itself after a few hours or so. Well...now I cant even get the computer to boot. No BIOS Screen or anything. Ive checked all the cables and they are secure. I put back in the GeForce and that isnt working either, except the grey boxes on the monitor turn blue after turning the comp on. Theres no beep when the computer starts up. Ive tried each memory stick individually on each slot and that didnt work. Took the modem out of the pci slot. Ive tried taking the battery out for 20mins and putting it back in to reset the CMOS but that didnt work either. The Harddrive is getting power but no blinking LCD light, and all of the fans turn on. Any Suggestions?

·
Banned
30 Posts
Hi. I believe you have fried some or all of your computer...at the very least the mother board is trash.

I'm sorry for your loss.

·
Banned
30 Posts
Hi. I believe you have fried some or all of your computer...at the very least the mother board is trash.

I'm sorry for your loss.
For everyone else out there. When your PC wont start up. DONT turn it on over and over.

Maybe once to see if its glitch or which might show a on comming error, copy down a message, record beeps.

Remember a PC is a tool like your car, NOT a TOY.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.