Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a hp pavillion dv9000 with an nvidia geforce 7600 graphics card, 2ghz, 240 gb memory.

problem started yesterday when the screeen went dark for a few seconds and then came back on and said 'a display driver has recovered from a serious problem'

i updated my driver for nvidia graphics card, then turned comp off for a while.

started it up this morning, worked fine for an hour or so and then did the same, i left it and 10 mins later the screen went black, but laptop power was still on, lights still on etc.

i shut down by holding power button, started up and it started fine, after 5 mins it did exactly the same as before.

Now when I start it up it starts up normally, lights come on, but screen is black, its like the lcd screen is on, but no visuals, just black, doesnt even show the windows screen, or the hp intro screen.

computer is 1.5 years old, and warranty has run out.

I live in the UK, any inexpensive suggestions what I can do to fix this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suggest you see this article first: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&lc=en&cc=us

Also try uninstalling and reinstalling video drivers (get a fresh one from HP website for your model of laptop).

Hey, thanks for replying.

SOme of the symptoms on that link are exactly what is up with my computer, however my series, dv9385ea falls outside of the limited warranty extension :(

Also; I cant turn the computer on, to get to the HP website to download the drivers. It literally will not start it is just a black screen.

from the page you linked:

"The external monitor functions but there is no image on the notebook LCD panel."

"There is no video on the computer LCD panel or external monitor."

these 2 apply to me.

Thanks, and i hope you can reply again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, thanks for replying.

SOme of the symptoms on that link are exactly what is up with my computer, however my series, dv9385ea falls outside of the limited warranty extension :(

Also; I cant turn the computer on, to get to the HP website to download the drivers. It literally will not start it is just a black screen.

from the page you linked:

"The external monitor functions but there is no image on the notebook LCD panel."

"There is no video on the computer LCD panel or external monitor."

these 2 apply to me.

Thanks, and i hope you can reply again.
Hi I have got the same thing with my laptop did you get yours fixed..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.