Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my home i have a little home network based on a linksys wirelessG router. I've got one desktop(wired) and two laptops (wireless) plugged into the network and they work just fine. Recently, i tried to hook a new laptop to the network but for some reason it just won't get into the network. The internet connection on this laptop is working normally but it's impossible to see any other computers on the network and share file with em.

All the laptops in the network are working on WinXP. I've tried every type of connection that can be made in the "Setup home or small office network", i've tried to uninstall and reinstall the network adapters, i've tried to do it with a wire instead of wirelessly... but still... it just won't work :S The weirdest thing is that on this laptop i can't even see the files that this computer is sharing when i check into "my network places".

Plz help me :4-dontkno

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes there are 2 different firewalls (the one from winxp and one from norton antivirus) but i disabled both of these...

·
Registered
7 Posts
1st run network wizard on your main pc then the laptops in turn...

then you will need to configure norton...on each pc/laptop

go to norton firewall/configure

then locate the networking tab....

use the wizard to allow norton to configure itself to your network...

also give each computer time to locate itself on the network..i had this on a previous network set up...some pc's seem to lag when trying to get on the network...

hope this helps...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.