Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed and updated the newest 78.01 driver for my GeForce 6600GT video card. It works great when I was playing online game but it doesn't let me play any video clip either from Windows Media Player or Real Player. Whenever I started the clip it pop the movie player out and then my com get almost frozen ( when I keep moving my mouse around it takes about 5 sec from one point to another, not totally froze) and the clip never plays even if i wait for 15 mins. Is it just my video card's problem?

Thx

·
Registered
28 Posts
i'm a bit of a noob here but doesnt sound like graphics card problem, try getting all/latest codecs maybe see if that helps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just removed the 78.01 driver and reinstall the 66.81 driver that came with the video card. It works when I try to play video clip but froze and auto restart when i was playing world of warcraft for about 5 mins.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i am having this exact same problem mine is a leadtek 6600GT and with the 78.01 drivers i cant watch any videos but can play games perfectly its really annoying. it works when i use the drivers before 78.01 but it doesnt run other things properly with those drivers.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
3 Posts
THIS WORKS :sayyes: :sayyes: :sayyes: :sayyes: :sayyes:

The temporary soloution should get everything working again...

1. Right click the desktop and go to Properties > Settings (Tab on top right) > Click Advanced button.

2. Now click on the "Troubleshoot" tab

This should bring up a screen with a slider regarding Hardware accelaration.

3. Slide the slider either all the way to the left (idealy one space from the left because the comp may run a little slow with no help from the graphics card) then click ok .

Now your videos should work. However the only nac is that if you want to use your video card for more demanding things such as games etc...you have to put the slider to full again. But if you dont mind changing the slider to watch videos then its the soloution!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FINALLY !!!

First of all thx to trellos1 for 1000x, I've been have this problem for few weeks from now and all I did was install the new driver when I want to play game then remove it and reinstall the old one for video. Now you make my life alot more easier.

Althought this way could make my life kinda back to normal but the problem is still here. It shouldn't even happen for a fine/good video card that doesn't work as smooth as other crappy one. I really do want to know more about this issue and hoping for some expects can briefly explain to me or other people that having the same problem WHAT IS GOING ON?

Mad for paying more money for crappy service !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.