Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just build myself a new computer with the followings:

Asus M4A78T-E motheroard
AMD Phemon II x3 720 CPU
TX750W corsair PSU
EVGA GTX 260 core 216
4gb kingston DDR3
win xp sp2 (32 bits)

latest drivers installed for everything.

The problem is after i run a game for a while, i get a lag, and the screen fills with artifacts. I can clear them by alt tabbing out and back in, but afterward there is always an unusually long delay before when i try to re alt-tab in the game.

I know its not related to gpu temperature, because it sometimes happens under 50C. I havn't overclocked it.

Any idea what might be wrong?

·
Premium Member
77,999 Posts
the power supply recommendations site i use has been redone not by the original person

the original calculator listed 850w min for the 260 216

the new one calculates it at 550w

we know this figure is way out from dealing with previous problems with this card

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far it happened in left4dead and eve online

upgraded the gpu to corsair 850w
worked fine for about 1 and a half hour, before the HD shut down, soon followed bu the computer. i have to turn the psu off for a while to turn on the computer.

Also, i noticed that when the computer starts, the fans start at 100%, then slow down before going back to 100%, a few time before the computer the computer boots. happened on the 750w and the 850w

I'm starting to think its a motherboard issue...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dude, the 750TX is more than enough to run your system.
I am using the the Corsair 750TX PSU in my system with two 65nm evga GTX 260 c216 in SLi mode. You only have 1 260 and the one you have is 55nm, so 750TX is more than enough and you should have not spent more for that 850w Corsair PSU.
There are two major causes of artifacting. The first one is your display drivers. If it is not installed properly, it will create some artifact, or if you did not clean your registry from the previous driver instillation, that will create some artifacts too. Plus, low game FPS.
The second one is the card itself is not working properly.

About the fans 100% at post, that is normal man.

I just updated my sig. Check my sig and all of them are connected to my Corsair 750TX and I have never gotten any kind of problem. Even my cooler is powered by my 750TX.

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
Also, i noticed that when the computer starts, the fans start at 100%, then slow down before going back to 100%, a few time before the computer the computer boots.
Pretty much all desktops/laptops do this. It's simply because the fans settings don't load immediately so they default to 100% before returning to there normal speed.

Try your memory sticks individually , it does seem like a motherboard type issue , maybe memory errors or leaks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did someone deleted my post?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
all i had time to check this morning was cpu temp, and it happened once with the cpu around 35C, the second time it was around 29C

i'll check the sticks tonight when i get a chance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok, i tried everything i could with the sticks. if i put only one, or put the second in a different slot, back to original artifact problem

next step?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.