Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought a HP Pavilion dv4-1220us notebook.

Using the Ethernet cable at home with my ISP, I get an IP from the DHCP running from my router.
No issue here.

Even tried the wireless connection also worked fine.

Now I take the same system to the office and put in the network cable into the system and get an IP form the DHCP server, but now I am not able to access some sites.
If I put a static IP in the system I don't have a problem with those sites, I am able to connect without any problems. Also here the wireless connection works.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1.
The Ethernet card is:
Realtek RTL8102E/8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0), with driver version6.213.1110.2008.

When I get the DHCP IP, the connection to the internet drops, and then I repair it and most of the times I get that there is more than one network active. When I look at my Network and sharing center I see Network and Network 2. Both use the same network card.

After searching I found that I my network is IPv6 while the connection to the internet is IPv4. So I thought that this was the issue so I disabled IPv6 on the system, which did not help me connect to the internet.

Then I found a KB document from Microsoft that said that to disable the Broadcast flag that detects the router, as per this site:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233
So I did, still that did not help me out.

I have another system with vista Business and that one is working fine, no problem.
I need to be able to access all sites on the internet using DHCP IP I get form the server.

Let me know if you need more info,

Thanks,

Eldon

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.