Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'm using the new chromium-based version of Microsoft Edge and really like it except for one issue. Every time I open it I get a pop up saying that I am running under administrator account and I shouldn't be doing that in Edge.

I log into my computer as local admin for several reasons and I'm not going to change my account type just so I can use the new edge without it nagging me. Everything I've read says that I shouldn't be getting this I'm just running a user administrator account instead of the system administrator account.

·
Moderator , Windows Tech Team , Hardware Tech T
Operating Systems || Hardware || Most Tech Stuff
2,980 Posts
What you're seeing is an elevated access of the application and is not referring to your Admin Account per se. If you have a shortcut on the desktop from where you're accessing the application, right-click the shortcut --> Properties --> Advanced and then uncheck the Run as Administrator check box.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not launching it from a shortcut, I'm launching it from the startup menu and there's no way to change how it starts up from there that I can find.

I'm running as an administrator but not as a system administrator, I definitely have that turned off. I have UAC set it 2nd lowest level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.