Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time I've ever had this problem but for some reason if I go to change my desktop wallpaper the image doesn't update the changes unless I log out. Now this apparently only seems to happen if I have "show desktop icons" turned to off. (I don't like showing icons on my desktop normally).

If I turn on "show desktop icons", the wallpaper changes to whatever I set it to instantly. Now if I turn off "show desktop icons" again, my wallpaper reverts back to whatever my previous wallpaper was (until I log out, to which it will update to whatever wallpaper I last changed it to).

I know it sounds kind of confusing.. I do have a fresh install of WinXP as well. So I practically have nothing but windows + windows updates (SP3) installed and my anti-virus (avast). Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Helper
4,126 Posts
I get the same thing.

Thus;

There are, apparently, 2 changes made when the desktop backgound is changed.

One is a temporary change related to the desktop toggled gui which includes icons and background.

The other is a registry change that will only become valid when you reload the registry (at reboot).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.