Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and thanks for any help beforehand. I'm fairly into media and movies and such and have a nice collection on my computer i watch. Then like a week ago nothing will play. No format, in no player. I've tried AVIs and MPEGs- in RealPlayer and in Windows Media Player and Quicktime. Doesn't work, causes those programs to crash. Even other programs to open them (like a selection viewer or DVD program) will crash. All of these programs worked fine a few days ago. I did system restore and a virus check. Nothing. I have a good firewall and virus protection I don't know what the problem is. Please help I miss my movies!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my attempts

I download and install alot of things so i don't remember if i installed anything in particular before it started acting funny. I don't watch a movie everyday, so it could have been a few things. Its not that anything is not installed corrected as I uninstalled and reinstalled all my players. And everything worked fine a few days before. Giving winamp a shot. Guess I might end up forking over money for a professional. I miss my movies but darn I hate paying. But I'm game for any more advice thanks very much!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Paying for a pro... haha. first a lot of people here are "pros" but sometimes we need to know more, or be on the computer. Anyhow... as i said AVI aren't easy to play in the first place. I suggest winamp as well, but it will not play them. It plays the rest though.. or should. If it does work then its wmp. (which sux anyhow..)
-blitze

·
Registered
296 Posts
do you get a dr watson type error? it will be your codecs....there is a new div x codec out try tht:D.....and as for the forum guys...u should go for remote assistance:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
still doesn't work

Ok, its not just AVI, i just used that as an example. Its all videos formats. Music will play- but no movies or clips. And it will not open in ANY program. Not anything. No clip any format, will crash the program (program X has encountered an error and must close- please inform microsoft of this problem, blah, blah....) Thats what happens. Let me know what other information you may need. I'll try uninstalling some things maybe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many many thanks

it seems the codex did the trick. weird as i had many installed but i'm not complaining as my movies work again and i'm very very happy. Thank you!! You guys are good. Many thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.