Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As long as I've had both my computer and Win '98, playback of .wav files and cds is out of balance. This does not occur when playing back .wav files from the internet. This occurs when running .wav and other media files from my system. Now this has never really bothered me before. I could always pull up the volume control settings from my speaker icon and make the adjustment. But now I am working on publishing content to a website and the finished product still has most aubile information coming out of my right desktop speaker. What can I do to permanently change the settings?? Fooling with the control panel only works for the duration of the file played back.
Note: I have a SoundBlaster card installed.
Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not always

Thanks for responding! The wave files are my creation (Magix), but the mp3s and cds are not. Whatever is running from drive on my system, whether it be cd or hd, experiences this. So I take it, you're not familiar with this problem?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Most of the wav/ mp3 players have a balance control independant of the windows volume control. Which one are you using?

Welcome to the forum, BTW!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
When you check you audio properties off of the speaker icon on the task-bar does the balance of the "CD Player Selection" need to be adjusted every time or is it always in the middle on the balance selector?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TheTechIsIn - Yes, I have to adjust the balance each time.
Jamman - Good point! And you know something? I use one player exclusively - Winamp. Now let me try me cd player in Windows . . . . Ah hah, no problem here. The cd is balanced. So the problem must be with Winamp. Here I thought it was Windows, or my soundblaster. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum guys!

·
Registered
852 Posts
The balance is to the right of the volume control for most skins of winamp. I use winamp exclusively.

Did you know that when winamp is your active window you can control the volume with the scroll on your mouse? Kinda kewl.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again Jamman. Boy do I feel silly now! Why didn't I think of that before?? Well, anyway, I'm taking this Flash class, so . . back to my homework.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.