Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very bad problem right now with windows vista.

the last saturday, I downloaded Service Pack 1 for windows vista ultimate x64, i have to mention that i have installed VistaGlazz, that allows to install themes for vista by patching 3 DLL files. Ok, so after the sp1 was fully installed, the themes i had installed thanks to vistaglazz didn't work anymore, but the system was running ok with the normal aero style, so i was like what? I opened VistaGlazz so i could re-patch the files again, and it said that some files were corrupted or something and that it wasn't reccomended to patch them, i patched them (big mistake) after patching the 3 dll files that the program is supossed to patch (I think they are C:\windows\system32\ThemeUI.dll, C:\windows\system32\UxTheme.dll and C:\windows\system32\Shsvcs.dll) the screen just showed many error messages that said that uxtheme.dll was not a valid windows image or something. Now i can't boot on vista because of the continous error messages i get when trying to log in, i dont get any BSOD's but because of this problem, i can't log into my session. ¿Anyone knows how to fix this without formatting my vista hard drive? BTW because I have Ubuntu 7.10 and windows XP on my PC i can replace the dll files that are needed to run vista correctly, so if someone can tell me where to get those files to fix my pc, i will always thank u

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Okay, i'm pretty sure if you google you'll find the files (google the name i tend to trust a site called dll-files.com)... I had a problem with ThemeUI.dll a while back and i got the file from dll-files.com (did kinda the same thing as you and ended up with no user interface to log in with)... Anyway i replaced the files with a copy of knoppix but as you have ubuntu on your pc i'm sure you wont have a problem....

Cheers,
Jamey

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay i'm gonna try that, let's see if it works, if it doesn't i'm gonna uninstall both XP and vista and get Ubuntu Hardy Heron xD

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Hope it works for you =]

I like the idea of Ubuntu only, i wish i could have a linux-only laptop but i need windows for school stuff =[

Cheers,
Jamey

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't work, it looks like i'm gonna have to re-format everything and reinstall every single thing on my pc, starting with ubuntu and XP, i'm gonna leave vista where it should be, on it's Box lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.