Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for some reason, one day my dads windows98 se machine would not boot up in normal mode. It would boot to Safemode but that didnt help much. TO fix this I installed Windows 98 over the previous installation and everything went well untill I tryied to change the resolution settings. I went to properties | settings and tryed to change it to 800x600 and the color to high color 26 bit. I pressed apply and it prompted me to restart my computer so the changes would take effect. I said yes and then it acted like it was shutting down but it just went to a black sceen with a line blinking at the top left corner. I had just nstalled a stick of 256mb memory a week earlier but everything seemed to work fine. the computer worked for a week after i installed the memory so i dont think it is the memory but I am not sure. If someone could help me I would love it. Thankk.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just a suggestion, it sounds like you have not installed the display drivers for your video card correctly. Look in the device manager, right click on “My Computer”, go to “Properties”, select “Device Manager” look at “Display Adaptor”. Tell me what you see and what it says? What resolution is it set to, right click on your desktop select “properties” go to “settings” What is the screen resolution?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.