Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's my problem, My computer is connedted up to cable internet, thru a normal lan cable, and whenever i put my computer into standby, then resume the network acts like a cable is unplugged, but it's completely fine after restart. If anyone knows what is going on please tell me, my specs are below if that helps.

AMD Athelon 64 3200+
Asus K8V Deluxe (the network adapter is onboard)
Ati radeon 9800 pro
(if you need anymore specs, just ask, but i've never heard of anything but what i've listed causing this type of problem.)

Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi there.

So your modem is connected to a Hub or something? then from that it routes off into the different computers?
OR - is you modem directly into your computer (I didnt understand what you were saying).

Does it actually say a network cable is unplugged?

Amnesia

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
xp has a quirk with an external dialup modem where if it where if it is not switched on you have to reboot for it to recognise it and connect it does'nt do it with a adsl modem and i would think a cable modem would be the same.
so i would start by going through all of the settings and see if something needs ticking or unticking
don't know if this is of any help
http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amnesia_180 said:
Hi there.

So your modem is connected to a Hub or something? then from that it routes off into the different computers?
OR - is you modem directly into your computer (I didnt understand what you were saying).

Does it actually say a network cable is unplugged?

Amnesia
ya, my computer connects to a hub, which is then connected to the cable modem and whenever I resume from standby the network connection has a big red X thru it and I am unable to connect to the internet w/o restarting. And the bubble that pops up says the same thing that it does when you have the Lan cable unplugged.

And dai, the modem is always on, and i've checked thru all the setting that i think could cause this problem, but thanks for the reply.

·
Global Moderator
51,484 Posts
Open Device Manager, and obtain the properties of your NIC. There should be a tab labeled Power Management, you want to disable any power saving modes there.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Instead of restarting Logoff and then Log back in and see if it works. You may
need to try updating the NIC driver and check Windows update to see if there are
any you need to apply.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone I've tried what you've recommended and it didn't work so i'm just going to live with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.