Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i went back for my final year of my university course. And as since May, as i have been pretty much using nothing but Linux for all my work I am tired of using Windows. So to do my work and to browse the net i took in Knoppix Live CD to use instead of windows XP.

However i cant seem to get it to work. As the computer seems to be ignoring the CD drive and booting from the hard drive always to windows (i assume the Hard Drive is above the CD drive in the boot bios). However the bios on the machines is password protected and obvioulsy i dont have the password to allow me to change it to put the CD drive first.

Therefore can i ask is there anyway i can force the machine to boot from CD without going into the bios and use my Knoppix CD (or other linux) liveCD.

Thank You
Anthony

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive never tried it as most machines (but not all) are Dells which dont have floppies. But i dont think they will let you do it.

I just dont know why they cant have some of their machines to have a linux distro to use. As they should cater for all tastes.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Well, i'm afraid we can't help you because they obviously don't want you playing with the boot order or booting from any type of media. It's against forum policy to help anyone circumvent security or business policies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.