Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've been experiencing this problem in firefox:

My cursor will suddenly stop moving in the way I try and direct it and instead bounces around my desktop and will land on the Start up Menu automatically opening folders as I try to move it around (Sorry, just remembered this problem might have started a bit earlier with my cursor, every so often, moving down to the Start menu side of my laptop while I was using it, but then it would move again ok).

Then a close message will pop up in firefox asking if i want to close or cancel. At this point I have to use the tab to hit cancel, then my cursor works again.

After this, however, my cursor will not work in firefox. It moves around but I cannot open links or move the side bar - nothing.

I was told this might actually be a virus - y/y ? If not, any suggestions as to what might be going on? If yes, can anyone recommend a kick *** virus software?

Cheers!

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Hi, welcome to TSF

Do you only get this problem with the cursor when using Firefox?

Which version are you using?

Is your mouse driver up to date?

Disable all addons and the auto/smooth scrolling options under the Advanced tab in Tools > Options, then restart Firefox. Does this fix the problem?

See here for a list of recommended antivirus software.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the welcome!

I just recently upgraded firefox to the latest version - 3.0.4, I believe?

I haven't tried another browser - IE is buried somewhere - but I'll dig out another and see what happens.

No idea about my mouse driver, I'll check that as well. I'll try disabling and see if that helps at all.

Thank you very much for the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.