Tech Support banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having the same issue. Seems W-10 tried to do an auto update this morning and it failed. I tried to update manually twice and it failed. Tried to run troubleshooter and got "No recommended troubleshooters right now, last checked never" message. Below is the screenshot of the failed update message.

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
5,162 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm having the same issue. Seems W-10 tried to do an auto update this morning and it failed. I tried to update manually twice and it failed. Tried to run troubleshooter and got "No recommended troubleshooters right now, last checked never" message.
You can always run DISM to try to clean up the image, then restart, try the update again.

From an admin cmd prompt:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

·
Registered
87 Posts
Honestly, Window 10 wants to strong-arm it's objectives (data/power grab), come h*ll or high water, They don't give a **** if you end up having to reinstall or pay to reinstall due to their sh*tty updates.

Case in point: my son was working on a project from home in a created folder. Windows updated while he showered. When he returned, his ENTIRE FOLDER WAS GONE.

Not in the recycle bin. Not in system restore. No where with any 3rd party raw data program---> GONE.

Ideas on that?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,297 Posts
Ideas on that?
Easy. Don't allow the restart in Settings>Update & Security>Advanced Options>Choose off on all 3 three and put On for Show Notification.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Easy. Don't allow the restart in Settings>Update & Security>Advanced Options>Choose off on all 3 three and put On for Show Notification.
Considering user-created files were deleted and unable to be retrieved, the opposite should be in place: no restart UNLESS you turn ON this setting. This same thing happened to a LOT of people but MS acted like it was a "feature" as happens whenever their updates wreak havoc.

·
7,754 Posts
Hi, it has become impossible to help on this forum I cannot post any attachments (such as .zip) and also cannot add any common registry mod's so I am left unable to help, only forum with this problem, been like this since the new version.

·
Read Only
229 Posts
You say "Easy", but Joe public doesn't realise how many nasty default settings there are in W10... it's all very well for us Tech -savvy users to say this, but would be much more helpful for MS to stop trying to make unhelpful and even dangerous decisions for us... though in the current climate I can't see them ever changing their spots.

·
7,754 Posts
Hi, this is very disappointing I can help and resolve many issues, however for some reason that should not be my responsibility, I cannot add registry mod's or even attachments I know the solution to this problem we use it on millions of computers what the hell is wrong with this [email protected]!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi, this is very disappointing I can help and resolve many issues, however for some reason that should not be my responsibility, I cannot add registry mod's or even attachments I know the solution to this problem we use it on millions of computers what the hell is wrong with this [email protected]!!!
`
Wow, if a MS mod can't solve the issue, what else is there? Very sorry, as I run into forum issues such as this very often & I simply must move on. It IS sad. :(

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,297 Posts
The problem is being worked on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Honestly, Window 10 wants to strong-arm it's objectives (data/power grab), come h*ll or high water, They don't give a **** if you end up having to reinstall or pay to reinstall due to their sh*tty updates.

Case in point: my son was working on a project from home in a created folder. Windows updated while he showered. When he returned, his ENTIRE FOLDER WAS GONE.

Not in the recycle bin. Not in system restore. No where with any 3rd party raw data program---> GONE.

Ideas on that?
Have a look in windows old

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had similar problems with one of the other major updates and what I had to do was go to Download Windows 10 and download the Windows 10 installation media and create my own installer with that specific version. Otherwise it just failed every single time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm having the same issue. Seems W-10 tried to do an auto update this morning and it failed. I tried to update manually twice and it failed. Tried to run troubleshooter and got "No recommended troubleshooters right now, last checked never" message. Below is the screenshot of the failed update message. View attachment 330446
If nothing works then its time to Reset This PC

1 - 19 of 19 Posts