Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I just had a brain fizzle???

I have been trying to get this new computer that I built to boot for about a week. Everything is brand new. I have a Biostar motherboard that is capable of using a AMD Athlon XP 2400. I have troubleshooted this computer with all new parts & nothing seems to help... I put an AMD Duron 1100 ghz cpu in it a it will comeon & work fine. I put a (good know to work) AMD Duron 1300 mhz cpu in it & it will not boot up. I think I have found the problem but do not want to take the Motherboard out of the computer again so I thought I would ask for your guys opinion. In the screw holes on the motherboard, this board has metal contacts on the board. It has 5 of those on the board. The board has a total of about 9 or 10 holes for screws but only 5 has the metal contacts. I do not have the documentation for this board because it was a OEM. Should I put a screws into the board where the holes has the metal edging for some type of ground purpose????? I only have 2 screws in the metal holes & the others do not have anything in it. I thought this might be the cause of my problems but have never heard of it before. This is the only thing I can think of...Please help... Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.