1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Ok, this problem is driving me CRAZY:upset:

Here is the situation:

I am trying to install an Operating system From scratch on a formatted Hard Drive. (It had a os on there and everything was workin fine), but after I formatted it, IT DOESN"T WANA ACCEPT ANY OS.

This is what happens. Everytime I try to run setup for ANY! O.S., I always get an error of some sort. For example, I try to Run Win Xp setup onto the formatted Drive, I get an error saying "CDR101 Error, Not ready Reading Drive E"...........

Desperately trying to put ANY O.S. on there, I try to install Win98 instead................. I run setup, It does the HD Scan like usual, than it goes in setup :), Than after a few seconds, It pops up an error saying something about a generic error, cannot locate an install INF file or something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the time, it doesn't even Go in Setup...........

I have tried more than 10 cd's of each O.S., and I always get an error of some sort!

Please help me and tell me possible solutions.

Thanks a lot,

Da Tru Masta

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Please don't triple post, :no:

Have you tried booting to dos with a win98 boot disk and then fdisk-ing the drive prior to your format?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just maybe your CD Drive is having problems with reading disks. Perhaps a quick cleaning of the lense is needed. The INF file is what autostarts any CD. In order for a CD to autorun, it needs to be able to read the INF file.
Another thing to try is to pop in a bootable floppy and type in Setup.exe from your CD drive's letter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.