Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently had problems reinstalled windows xp on my pc i have 2 x 200 gb hard drives (running in raid mode) and 1 x 20 gb and 1 x 60 gb. windows was originaly installed on the 2 x 200 gb hard drives. For some reason windows seemed to say there was 2 xp systems install but i only had 1 installed so i removed the 20gb hd and the 60gb hd and restarted my pc. I resetted the bios installed the raid driver from floppy disk and followed the procedure of upgrading to xp. It formatted the disks and copied the files fine. My pc then restarted to to complete the installation but instead of going to the windows xp installation screen it started to boot from the cd again it then gave me a message reading "file \win2k_xp\interaid.sys caused an unexpected error (1024) at line 2108 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c." So i restarted my pc and i keep getting the same message. i then reinstalled my other 2 hard drives and tried reinstalling again and it worked. so i formatted both hard drives and it didnt work again. i also found that i can only start windows xp with the xp cd in the cd drive other wise it just doesnt start up at all. oh and it now says: i have 3 xp systems install on start up. I thought i might be something to do with the installation of the raid driver. im fairly new to raid so im lost! :4-dontkno
i would appreciate if anybody could help me
thanks in advance Scott
Ps please explain insimple terms :smilez

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.