Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have A1524N Hp media center desktop ..i am trying to install window proff in it ..the setups process went good and it says after restart ur setup will continue ..but when it restarts it comes again on setup menu again ..and everything start from the beginning once again ..i checked boot sequence it was on cd then hard drive ..so i removed cd from cd Rom and changed boot sequence to hard drive first ...but its not booting ..could anybody help me in that ..when it restart it shows a msg to go in confirgaration menu ..so i had tried everything in that menu ..but did't help ..could anybdoy suggest me how can i boot my computer now ..thanks in advance ?? i have tried customer service and he said ur cd is busted..so i tried another cd and same thing happened ..plz help ???

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
i have A1524N Hp media center desktop ..i am trying to install window proff in it ..the setups process went good and it says after restart ur setup will continue ..but when it restarts it comes again on setup menu again ..and everything start from the beginning once again ..i checked boot sequence it was on cd then hard drive ..so i removed cd from cd Rom and changed boot sequence to hard drive first ...but its not booting ..could anybody help me in that ..when it restart it shows a msg to go in confirgaration menu ..so i had tried everything in that menu ..but did't help ..could anybdoy suggest me how can i boot my computer now ..thanks in advance ?? i have tried customer service and he said ur cd is busted..so i tried another cd and same thing happened ..plz help ???
G'Day bindudhindsa,

When you are initially installing Windows®XP, there will be a "Set Up" Blue Screen where you will see all the Drivers being loaded across the bottom of the screen.
Once the Drivers are loaded, and the HDD formatted, the computer will reboot to continue with the installation.
When it reboots, it will give a Black screen saying Boot from CD....Press any key to Boot from CD....
(This screen is very similar to the original Black Boot/Set Up screen that you saw.)

This time...DO NOT TOUCH IT!...Just fold your arms and DO NOTHING! :laugh:

This it quite normal, just leave the screen and the computer will then go in to the next phase of the installation where you will be asked to agree with the EULA (End User License Agreement) etc, so then Press F8 and let the installation continue; following the screen prompts through each stage.

The entire installation of the Windows®XP Operating System will take about 45 minutes to complete.
Don't forget to load All Device Drivers;including the Motherboard Drivers; Printer Drivers etc.when you have got Windows® up and running.

Good Luck with it!
Post back with any further queries/concerns. :wave:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for ur reply dave ..i have done this window installation so many times and it works exactly in same way u r telling ..but this time its doing something diff ..if i let it restart with my cd in cd rom then it start setup from beginning i mean from loading all drivers and everything ...it never ask me for booting from cd Rom....it seems like there is some problem in booting which i dont know how to fix ..if u can help me that ...i would appreciate that ..
thanks anyways

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.