Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi newbie here on Tech forum. Hope this is the right spot. Just built my first computer about a month ago and I've run ito a few problems so this board looks like a goo place to start to get help.

Anyway, I've had my Hyundai Image Quest L90D+ for about 4 months. Yesterday, I was using my computer and I noticed that I have two lines running from top to bottom. One is about an inch from the right vertical edge of the monitor, the other is about two inches from the vertical edge of the monitor.

I disconnected my monitor and unplugged it. I let it sit overnight and reconnected it this morning. The lines are still there. The only difference is that Instead of one line being blue and the other line being red, one line is now green and the other line is blue with a hint of red around the edges.

Anyone else have this problem with the L90D?

Any ideas for a fix. I've contacted Hyundai, and I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me.

JR

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
i just changed to this monitor a few weeks ago from the 17inch one and have had no problems
if you are using the dvi cable try the vga cable and see if you still have the problem

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Usually this would be the connections from the LCD to the processor embedded in the monitor. You might want to try as Dia had suggested.
Being only 4 months old you it still should be under warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last month I ordered four L90D+s for everyone in the family. Within a few weeks three of the four have developed the same problem -- vertical line(s) on the right side, sometimes yellow, green, or light blue. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sending back the monitor

I contacted Hyundai. They gave me and RMA number and I am sending it back. I think it's defintely something wrong with the screen. I get streaks even with the video input unplugged. The streaks are getting worse. They're multiple colors and are about 1/2 inch wide.

I wish I could get a temporary replacement while the screen is being sent back.

Guess I'll have to rent a monitor for a week or two.....or three...... or four..... :cry:

To bad this monitor went down. HL 2 looked pretty good on it.

JR

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
i have a 17 inch used for about 18mths and upgraded to the 19,i am thinking the same thing,fingers crossed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.