Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have created a clone drive using xx clone, I can get the drive to boot up fine using a quickboot disc or booting from the source disc but when i try to boot the drive independently the computer freezes and the bios returns a disk read error message and asks me to restart the system.

any ideas how i can solve this problem?

Many thanks
John

·
Manager, TSF Articles
38,291 Posts
Forgive me if my questions seem a a bit simple, but I have to check all possibilities.
If the drive boots from the QBD there can't be much wrong with it. When you run it independently do you remember to change the jumpers from slave to master or do you boot from it by changing the boot order in BIOS. Can you tell me what is in the boot.ini file in the root directory of your cloned drive?
Many thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
1. slave to master have tried jumpers in both positions and got the same message when booting independently

2. changing bios order tried this and got the same message

3. boot. ini file contents

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows ="XXCLONE: (Cloned Volume) [d:0,p:1] \windows" /fastdetect

exact bios message is
" a disk read error has occurred"
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to Restart the Computer
thats everything...
thanks for helping.
john

·
Manager, TSF Articles
38,291 Posts
Your boot.ini file is correct so I'm stumped. I notice that you have posted in the XXClone forum. I was just going to have a look in there to see if I could find an answer. Kan Yabumoto is very helpful so you should get an answer from him. Please let me know what response you get.
Best wishes,
John.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.