Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I reset my computer and now when I go to download the driver for my US Robotics fax modem USR5637, I'm getting blocked because it says there's a trojan. I've had this modem for years and never had this problem when resetting or reinstalling or even upgrading OS. I'm attaching the screen shot. Not sure what to do.

Attachments

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,772 Posts
Try using this URL: USRobotics Support and state the problem. I'm just guessing your fax modem is too old for Windows 10. Maybe you were using it in Compatibility Mode.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Corday.

Actually, I've used it with windows 10 since 10 came out. However, just found out that I no longer need to download the driver from US Robotics (checked device manager says the driver is there -- never was plug and play before). So I guess and hope that it will work the next time I fax something.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would do a test fax now Before you actually need to fax
Thank you oscer1

The only problem with that is all my faxes are business and I don't want to fax unnecessary fax when everyone is so short staffed these days.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,772 Posts
Just fax "This is a test. Please don't reply." If your machine says it went, it went.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This morning I reset my computer and now when I go to download the driver for my US Robotics fax modem USR5637, I'm getting blocked because it says there's a trojan. I've had this modem for years and never had this problem when resetting or reinstalling or even upgrading OS. I'm attaching the screen shot. Not sure what to do.
This modem is what, 25 years old or more?

·
Registered
83 Posts
It does say Win 10 compatibility. But other specs (ignoring form factor) look right out of the 1980's, about the last time I saw any USR products out there. But hey, if it works, great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts