1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GPU: Asus Radeon HD 3850
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6GHz Dual-Core Black Edition Processor
MoBo: Foxconn A7GM-S
RAM: OCZ SLI 2GB (X1) DDR2 800 SDRAM 2.1V; Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 SDRAM 2.2V. (btw just noticed they run dif timing doh)
Power Supply: RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W

Problem 1: Ok, so I was having BSOD atkdsp error because of an Asus driver conflict and found the solution was to install the amd drivers. HERE Which might of been the wrong thing to do. (prob) Gaming would not trigger this BSoD only surfing the interwebs. Upon uninstalling of ASUS Gamer OSD well you get an awesome .dll error Problem 2: "Services.exe unable to locate component msvcp60.dll not found" on reboot and a black screen before login. Tried many solutions HERE like booting safe mode and last config, didnt work. Then Recovery Console to fixboot and fixmbr, didnt work. Then I have to XP Pro CD and tried to copy the file over. But was getting Problem 3: Access Denied for the copy. Then thought repair install would fix this error HERE because you can still keep the OS running without fresh install. Figured out that this is not a good idea HERE because you cant repair over a existing install:4-thatsba and something about installing with sata drives. Problem 4: The repair install hangs at 39 minutes so I pulled the log and says "Error: Setup had problems registering the following OLE control DLL: C:\Windows\System32\initpki.dll" Found another post HERE but no solution. Slipstreaming was advised. But how to get out of the XP repair install and back track all the problem errors.
Things that I havent tried but would look into:
Canceling repair
Slipstreaming SP3?
8 Command repair

Ultimate Boot CD
:upset: :sigh: :4-dontkno
Thanks for your time in advance for the reply. And hopefully and solution. :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my brother fixed the "Services.exe unable to locate component msvcp60.dll not found" error but the initpki.dll error is still coming up after many tries to replace/fix it. Any way to exit the repair i hope but don't know because it deletes system files?? Any input other than fresh install?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.