Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 1.5 SATA HDD for my machine and installed it (un-jumpered). I installed windows xp on it and everything was fine. I installed some games and played them and after about 12 hours of use while browsing with about 7 tabs open in firefox, I got a blue screen of death. The computer restarted before I could see the driver or error code referenced. After that the computer wouldn't load windows xp. It would either freeze or give me a BSOD with tcpip.sys or win32k.sys listed as the driver. So I booted to my old hard drive where the blue screens continued to occur. I formated and reinstalled but it hangs halfway through the installation with the BSOD referencing NTloader.dll. I have swapped out ram - (i get a lot further but i still get blue screens on both old and new hard drives) and used a different cdrom (i was getting cannot find this file on the cd errors during the windows installation- i'd hit try again and it'd go with no problems). When I use one HDD, the other is unplugged. Any ideas? I keep thinking the memory slots have gone bad because changing the RAM has little affect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.