Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK heres the deal. I got broadband a few months back and went a bit crazy downloading programs. Lately i downloaded windows XP and it installed perfectecly, except for a few programs not being able to run, including my cd writing software. So I downloaded a version of cd creator with was compatible with XP. HOwever i found the new program was crashing so i uninstalled it.

Heres where i think i did it wrong i went to add/remove programs because i couldnt find an uninstall icon.

When i restarted my computer i found my dvd/cd player and cd/rw were missing in "my computer" after going into device manager and then going to properties i am told for both hardwares that:

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

No troubleshooting options work and when i uninstall the driver and reinstall it, it installs back on like that, even after i restart the computer.

PLease help me coz im a 17yr old student with no money and a dad who wants my guts for garters because he needs the cd/dvd player and cd/r.

Thanks Jamie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes and before anyone says it, i know i know i shouldnt be donwloading illegal software.
reagrds jamie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.