Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I add a defualt printer to any user who logs on to a windows 2000 box. My account is an admin account but when I add the printer it only goes to me I have to added it to all other user when they sign in.

G

·
I think you need to enable file and printer sharing. But if you are on an on all the time connection insure trhat you have a firewall.

·
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ment on the same box. Meaning I have a network printer on the network that I connect to when I log on to windows. I want anyone who logs on to my computer to have that mapping to that printer.

G

·
From Them.....................:D

How to Share a Previously Installed Local Printer
Log on to the computer as an administrator.
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
In the Printers folder, right-click the printer that you want to publish in Active Directory, and then click Properties.
Click the Sharing tab, click Share As, and then either type a share name or accept the default name.

Use only letters and numbers; do not use spaces, punctuation, or special characters.
Click to select the List in the Directory check box, and then click OK.
Close the Printers folder.
NOTE: If you want to make this printer available to users who are running different versions of Windows, you must install additional drivers. To do so, click Additional Drivers on the Sharing tab of the Printer properties, and then select the appropriate items in the list.

back to the top
How to Verify That the Previously Installed Printer and the Shared Printer Are Listed in Active Directory
Log on to the computer as an administrator.
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
In the Printers folder, right-click the printer that you want to verify, and then click Properties.
Click the Sharing tab, and then verify that the List in the Directory check box is selected.
Click OK, and then close the Printers folder.
back to the top

I'm not sure if this is what your looking for.

·
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speedo I think you took this the wrong way I am trying to make a mapped printer cross over through a users profile on a machine that I have mapped the printer to from the win2k server.

·
Registered
283 Posts
what level of security is the other users set at? I know that if you make them have administrative rights they should automatically see the printer.

·
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everyone is an administrator and nope the printer does not cross between the users

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
am i missing something here??:confused:

dont you need to set up the printer for all users on the box...add printer wizard...and shareing is for the network...so if it is on the same box ...it shouldnt matter...

·
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What you are missing is this printer is not attached to the machine that I need to have the mapping migrate to anyone who logs on to the machine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.