Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just set up home network. All appears well. Printer shows shared I think but I can't get it to print from computer in bedroom. Once I accomplish this I know I'll have other sharing issues. Please help thanks

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
is the printer connected to a pc on the network?

is the computer in the bedroom the only pc on the network that cannot print a test page or are there more?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the Main PC(blue) beside the printer prints , it's the bedroom pc(sofie) doesn't. Pc in bedroom I go to shared printers shows icons hp6540 Blue (main pc) and also "auto"hp6540 Sofie (bedroom pc) I don't know what the "auto " icon one is about. All the sharing buttons or pushed. Thank you for your help

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
on both pc's confirm that file and print sharing is checked in the firewall settings to allow access.

on the blue pc, where the printer is connected to, you have right clicked on the printer and allowed it to be shared.

on the pc in the bedroom, you've used 'add printer' icon and then selected network printer. then select the second radio button, but leave the name blank and click next. you should be given a list of pc's on the network and their printers attached.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.