Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've just purchased a laptop for a family member. Is it possible we can share the same printer? If so, how do I set it up? The printer is an Epson 830. Any advice is much appreciated.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

This is possible but the computer that the printer is connected to has to be turned on if you want to print from the laptop, all you have to do, is make sure both your pc are on the same domain if so right click on the printer and go down to sharing allow sharing and select an appropiate name for the printer, than on the laptop select add a printer on printers in control panel and select network printer it should detect the printer and select connect and then it might ask for the drivers if it cant find them on the internet than just place the disk in

·
Registered
275 Posts
With a home pc it should be on the same workgroup not doman... Right click my computer and click on properties. Click on the computer name tab and you should see full computer name followed by workgroup name they should by default be set to workgroup if not change them to whatever you want test mine whatever by clicking on change and renaming and restarting it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.