Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem getting printer redirection to work on a specific printer in remote desktop. Printer redirection is when you log into a remote computer in remote desktop, and you have your local printers available to you.

The printer is an Imagistics im3511. I have already tried calling Imagistics, but they tell me that they don't officially support printer redirection in remote desktop. We have a server with the operating system, Windows 2003 Server. Most of our office computers have Windows XP Home. I installed the im3511 driver on the server, and on the xp home computers, but when I use the xp home computers to log into the server using remote desktop, the im3511 printer does not appear in the printer list. We have some Samsung printers that are redirected properly and appear in this list.

We have one other computer with Windows 2003 Server installed. The printer redirection works on this computer only for the im3511. To summarize, connect from a Windows 2003 Server computer, to another Windows 2003 Server computer, printer redirection works. Connect a Windows xp computer to a Windows 2003 Server computer, it doesn't work.

I'm guessing this is a driver issue. We are using the same driver on all the computers, but maybe it is installed differently depending on the operating system.

Does anyone know what to do to solve this problem, or where I should go for help?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.