Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. 1st off I appreciate anyone that helps out because I am so Lost! I bought a printer off of ebay , a HP 690c Deskjet . I installed the printer and here is what happened ..

1. I tested communication-It passed.

2.I go to align cartridge (which it says to do after purchasing a new cartridge, also the cables are brand new.) and it states it doesnt recognize the color cartridge. I click ok and then it says it recognizes the cartridge so I test print and ...NOTHING! Actually It freezes. then I cntrl, alt, delete and try again. The printer actually sucks up the paper then the yellow light on the printer flashes and its just stuck. I turn the printer off then on again and it pulls the paper out and is ok again.

Now please dont tell me it could be the printer because I bought it from a store on Ebay and explained the problem to them and they sent me another one and its doing THE EXACT SAME THING??? I've done numerous troubleshooting , I've re-installed the drivers, printer, ecerything and I now believe it is something "Technical" involving my computer itself and BEGGING someone to Please give me the answer...could it be something in CMOS?? I've exhausted all possibilities that I know of..ANYONE??

Here is my computers specs:

Intel Pentium III-850 mhz
128 mb ram
30 gig HD (12 gigs available)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent checked the Bios ( actually I dont think I know how?) But I will try and find out right now and yes it does have a black and color cartridge side by side...I only have a color cartridge in..could that be the problem? do I have to buy a black cartridge to make it work?

and thank you very much for helping me. I'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.