Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. 1st off I appreciate anyone that helps out because I am so Lost! I bought a printer off of ebay , a HP 690c Deskjet . I installed the printer and here is what happened ..

1. I tested communication-It passed.

2.I go to align cartridge (which it says to do after purchasing a new cartridge, also the cables are brand new.) and it states it doesnt recognize the color cartridge. I click ok and then it says it recognizes the cartridge so I test print and ...NOTHING! Actually It freezes. then I cntrl, alt, delete and try again. The printer actually sucks up the paper then the yellow light on the printer flashes and its just stuck. I turn the printer off then on again and it pulls the paper out and is ok again.

Now please dont tell me it could be the printer because I bought it from a store on Ebay and explained the problem to them and they sent me another one and its doing THE EXACT SAME THING??? I've done numerous troubleshooting , I've re-installed the drivers, printer, ecerything and I now believe it is something "Technical" involving my computer itself and BEGGING someone to Please give me the answer...could it be something in CMOS?? I've exhausted all possibilities that I know of..ANYONE??

Here is my computers specs:

Intel Pentium III-850 mhz
128 mb ram
30 gig HD (12 gigs available)

G

·
Welcome to Tech Support Forums babygirl

Take a look in the bios and see if ECP-EPP is enabled.

Does this model use a black and color cartridge side by side?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent checked the Bios ( actually I dont think I know how?) But I will try and find out right now and yes it does have a black and color cartridge side by side...I only have a color cartridge in..could that be the problem? do I have to buy a black cartridge to make it work?

and thank you very much for helping me. I'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks.

G

·
If you have the regular color cartridge I think you also need the black one in there to work!

If you have the photo color cartridge it should work by itself.

I'm going to check there website and see what they have to say there.

I'll be back...:D

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am an HP cert. tech, but I am not sure whats wrong with your printer with out seeing it. It sounds like the PCB (like a MOBO in a PC) is fried. If you send me your email maybe i can send you something to help you out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.