Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wink: I have a Lemarx Z600 Serris and everytime i print out a document it dont cancel properly and i have to restart the computer everytime i want a document printed. Ive tryed reinstalling my software but ill try again .

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
you can always stop the print spooler service rather than restart the pc. you can access that in the control panel>administrative tools>services
look for print spooler and right click on it and select stop. when it stops then right click on it and select start.

that will clear the print process. so when you print a page does it print totally and still remain in the queue? you mention the word cancel, so does this only happen when you cancel a print?

be sure you have the correct print drivers installed. download the latest drivers from the web if needed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i followed your instructions and the one that was deleting bc it was done printing is gone and the next one says printing but the printer fails to print

·
Registered
11 Posts
First of all, I'm not a tech. I'm a Dell Inspiron 1200 XP Home user who has spent the last three months, but especially this last week, trying to get my Lexmark 1270 to print an Office 2003 MSWord document. I am not on a network. If you're on a network, I can't offer suggestions.

If you're computer to printer, then based on what I read across the 'Net, and learned from Microsoft email tech, and Lexmark techs up to level 3, there has been an issue between Lexmark and Dell since 2004. To make the looong story short, I just in the last 24 hours or so figured out how to print in my environment. Maybe what I'm doing will help you.

First, get a good install by completely uninstalling.
a) Log off the ‘Net. (I turned off my cable modem.)
b) Disconnect Lexmark’s USB cable from the BACK of your computer. Turn off pwr to Lexmark.
c) Exit any virus scan type programs, for instance, Zone Alarm, AVG, Norton
d) Close any other windows.
e) Click start>All programs>in list of programs find Lexmark 1200 Series> Uninstall Lexmark 1200 series. Lexmark level 3 tech said always use this uninstall method. I’ve added 1 more step.
f) After uninstall is complete, click start> Search> All Files and Folders>type in LEXPPS> Look in Local Hardrives C:\>click search.
g) Delete all LEXPPS files except the one in C:\windows\system32
i) Do another search for LEXP2P32 and delete all except the one C:\windows\system32
j) If you're a user on your computer, log off as user>Turn off computer> restart> log on as user. Otherwise just restart however you usually restart.

Reinstall Lexmark Plug & Play Hardware:
a) Turn pwr on to Lexmark and wait a few seconds
b) If you've got a bunch of devices plugged into your USB ports, unplug them for now. Plug in Lexmark USB cord. Make a note of which USB port your plugging the Lexmark into.
c) Wait a few seconds. You're waiting for a dialogue bubble that indicates the hardware is properly located and installed. Wait a few more seconds to see if another dialogue bubble comes up that says something like "Sorry, your hardware did not install properly." If you get the "Sorry" message, unplug the Lexmark USB cord and install in another USB port. Do the same wait routine.
On my Dell Inspiron 1200, the middle of three USB ports is the only one my Lexmark hardware likes.
d) Exit all running programs, including Dell Support, AVG, etc. and close all windows.
e) click start>control panel>add/remove programs and follow instructions<---This is diff from Lexmark printed handbook instructions.

Now, the list goes on but to keep this thread moving, I'm posting this much and will wait for a reply back from you. And if you can hold off trying to print a doc please don't print or scan or fax anything yet.

So, I guess it's time to say, Stay tuned for part 2.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok. And if you *do* happen to print a doc while doing the install, instead of trying to release it from the queue by unplugging USB, etc., I started Releasing the Doc by engaging the Check My Computer diagnostic provided thru the Dell Support icon. If you deleted the Dell support (I did but now have it back), then go to www.dell.com>my account>Tech tab>look for the link to download Dell Support 3.
ok, I'm in class now, too.
Later.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the second post did not work it says platform bnot supported but it used to be on here but oh well ill try the first post

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you called Lexmark about this problem?

If so, what did they say?

Did they do an uninstall and reinstall with you?

If you called the Lexmark techs, and they were not able to resolve your problem, what did the Lexmark techs suggest you do next?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can access their FAQs through www.lexmark.com.

Their support Web site is http://support.lexmark.com

You can call them M-F 8am-11pm EST and on Saturdays noon to 6 p.m.
The phone number is 1-800-332-4120.
Ask for a troublecall # for your records and be sure to write it down.
BE SURE Lexmark UNDERSTANDS THAT YOU HAVE A DELL COMPUTER.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i know this is strange but right after i put office 2007 on m y computer printer works again im so happy:1angel: thanks for the help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.