Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have an HP Officejet G85 printer connected via USB to a computer running XP SP3 on a home wireless network and now I have a new computer with Windows 7 Home Premium Wireless and I have tried to add the printer to the new computer and when I use the ad a new printer wizard I can see the printer on the XP computer network but when I chouse that printer the Windows 7 wizard says it can't find a driver on the network or at Windows Update, I am at a loss and can't print from the new computer can anyone help me out setting up the printer on my new machine with wireless connection to the home network.
Thank you, Mark L.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you jcgriff2,
I have already been to the HP site for Windows 7 drivers and have already set up the printer manualy on my Windows 7 machine with the driver that came with Windows 7,
my problem is the printer is attached to the XP machine not the Windows 7 machine and when I try to connect to the printer wirelessly like I did with my XP Laptop, Windows 7 has a different wizard and can't seem to find the driver when I try to add the printer to the Windows 7 machine wirelessly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone,
I resolved this issue by going out and buying a new HP Wireless Printer with greaat success in connecting to my desktop with XP, my laptop with XP and my new HP Touchscreen with Windows 7.
Thanks again, Mark L.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.