Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem is each time I turn the computer on, I get the message new hardware found and it reloads the printer. Even though I have that driver loaded already. It loads as many times as I turn on the computer and calls it Copy 1, 2, 3, etc. I have tried 4 different printers and the same thing keeps happening.
I also get found new hardware each time I use the same flash drive
Also, If I turn the printer on or off while the computer is on, it reboots the computer.

cheers to anyone who can solve this problem for me.:4-dontkno

amd 64bit, winxp pro, sp2.

R

·
0 Posts
The problem is each time I turn the computer on, I get the message new hardware found and it reloads the printer. Even though I have that driver loaded already. It loads as many times as I turn on the computer and calls it Copy 1, 2, 3, etc. I have tried 4 different printers and the same thing keeps happening.
I also get found new hardware each time I use the same flash drive
Also, If I turn the printer on or off while the computer is on, it reboots the computer.

cheers to anyone who can solve this problem for me.:4-dontkno

amd 64bit, winxp pro, sp2.
Is your printer always connected to the same USB (?) port, or do you connect it to different ports (the same goes for the flashdrive)

Also: Did you check the cable of the printer? (Tested with a different cable, for instance)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.
There is no disc left in the cd rom. I have tried different ports and cables. When the printer is 'reinstalled' it ends up on a different port each time. Could using the amd x64 and running 32 bit programs be the problem??

R

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the replies.
There is no disc left in the cd rom. I have tried different ports and cables. When the printer is 'reinstalled' it ends up on a different port each time. Could using the amd x64 and running 32 bit programs be the problem??
Hi Shilo!

The AMD should be the problem. Now trying different ports would result in a new installation, however if you'd leave it on the same port (or reconnect it to the same port) it shouldn't start a "Detected New Hardware" installation sequence!

Now, please disconnect the printer from the port (remember which one it was connected to); then download Nirsoft USB viewer run it, and check if it sees your printer as being installed, or not.

BTW: Most USB printers need to have the printer driver installed before you connect the printer to the computer, did you install the printer this way?

·
Registered
6 Posts
have same problem.
everytime computer reboots it says that it has detected new device. i now have 5 copies of the same printer. i uninstalled everything and tyhen reinstalled the drivers first and then connected the printer (in other words i followed the directionbs)
it was fine uhntil the computer rebooted and then started the reinstalling business againh. i am using a dell cojmputer with win xp home. printer is hp connected with usb. i have not changed the usb port. could it be a faultyh usb cable?
thanks jess

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
possibly a bad usb cable try a different one also possible its a bad or all bad usb ports.... might try uninstall of the USB hub or ports and let xp reinstall them at reboot also uninstall all current installs of your printer and then try reloading the driver software and printer utility before reconnecting the printer one more time....

·
Registered
327 Posts
First, like richardIII mentioned, you need to have the driver installed before you connect the printer.

Disconnect the printer, then delete the printer driver/program, then reboot and delete the program folder from the C drive.

Then reinstall the driver, and follow the prompts about reconnecting the printer.

That program folder causes problems from time to time, and I think there's a good chance that's the issue here.
That's assuming you have the correct printer driver in the first place. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.