Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Canon i6500 that I have been using for over a year now. Yesterday when I tried to print, I received a "printer is offline" message. I checked under "Printer and Faxes" in Control Panel and found that the printer was set to offline, rectified it, but am still unable to print.
I have tried reinstalling the driver, but when I switch on the printer it is still undetected.
The cables and connections are fine, so this is a mystery to me.
Please help! Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Is it usb or parallel?

If it is usb, power it off, then back on. If not detected, unplug the usb from the computer, wait a few minutes, then plug it back in.
The computer should detect it then.

If it is parallel, remove the printer drivers and shutdown then remove the printer cable. reboot, then once its up, shut it down again and connect the parallel cable and power up. Then add the drivers. I would suggest installing fresh drivers even if it says to use the current driver.

I do not know what operating system you have, or how new/old the computer is. So it is hard to guess what you have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, ron.

the printer is connected to a USB port. i've tried the Windows troubleshooter, which included some test page printing from the commandprompt. that didn't help either. i've tried turning the printer off and back on again, but that didn't do it either.

the computer i am using is a Compaq Evo N610c. it's a laptop, and is around 2 and a half years old. i'm using Windows XP Pro, with SP2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.