Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My uncle sent me an e-mail asking for help with his printer, but I don't know how to help him :confused: I pasted the e-mail below. If anyone knows whats wrong, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Yesterday, I needed to print a big number of flyers for an agent. I sent about 5 files of 50 printouts to the printer. After about 5 copies, I started getting errors. So, I tried to cancel the print jobs. Now, I get an error message when I try to print. The error is a "Cjbgmon.exe" error message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software numerous times, but to no avail. Sometimes, I get another message during the install, "BJ printer-related file in use. Exit the currently running application, then try again."

I don't know where to even look to kill the job. (I checked the printer settings...that much, I do know.) Do you have any ideas????

·
Registered
42 Posts
Normally, when a print job goes horribly wrong, after a reboot, the "spool" files the print job had created, can be deleted, and things go back to normal. You don't mention his OS, so, do a search for a folder named "Spool", and in this folder should be a "Printers" folder. Open the "Printers" Folder and delete all files present.
It's worth a try.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He ended up calling tech support and got it all worked out. Thanks for your help though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.