Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All!

I've got an Epson WorkForce 840, rarely used. I fired it up yesterday, and for a bit all seemed right, and then the touchscreen blanked out on me, keeping just the Left/Right arrows illuminated. I cycled power and this time, while the power and WiFi lights lit, that was it. No screen, no happy hum of activity from within. I ran through that a few more times, and then gave up, disconnecting power and pushing the button to empty any last vestiges of juice from the system; I then let it sit overnight. This morning I tried again, and it fired right up, having an issue only when I attempted to lift up the little touchscreen rocker. A power-cycle brought it back, but then while I was attempting to reinstall the drivers, it went out again, and there it sits. Any ideas?

Thanks!

· Registered
5,922 Posts

If the user-level troubleshooting methods (like making sure the paper path is clear, paper is properly loaded, and ink levels are adequate) don't work then it's probably not worth the time and effort to try to get a consumer-grade printer repaired. Due to recent supply-chain problems modules may be unavailable and there are very few shops with technicians skilled in board-level repair. Even if the printer can be repaired you may be looking at $200 to fix a unit that can be replaced with a new equivalent printer for $300.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts