Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Linux Mint. Lately I have had problem printing images on photo paper. When they come out, it looks like negative on film. On regular paper, things are fine. But with images, its crap. I've only had this recently. Has any one had this problem and how did you fix it?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,998 Posts
Better help available if you tell what printer you're using.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,998 Posts
Have you switched the kind of photo paper you're using? Canon makes specific recommendations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't know they had specific recommendations. I've used this same paper previously and had no problems. I'm glad you responded to my concern because I wanted to ask if I need to update a driver or something. I didn't think of it before because I was under impression Linux took care of that. But I don't know the little things about this OS since switching from Windows when support for 7 ended over a year ago. It has worked well for me and I don't do anything to mess it up. I just printed an article from a news website. It was fine since I used regular paper. Ink is good. Alignment is good. Printing quality is good. It's basically that this thing does not like photo paper for some odd reason. That's why I ask about the driver updates after I did a search yesterday and did not understand because it seemed to be a "coded" thing. Oh, and another thing. In Linux, there are some options for photo paper (high quality, glossy, regular, etc). I believe I've used each one and still get a crappy result. I'm frustrated because I just moved to where I'm at now and have no one to ask. I'm trying to solve this so I can submit some of my work for a photo contest. The other thing I tried to do is fire up my old XP machine and try to print from that. I put a new battery in it since it was not used for long time. But I get a bios thing and I know nothing about what to do with that. I'm just perplexed and frustrated as to why my photos won't come out clear like they were before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts