Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks...........
I ve been working on a cmpaq presario v6000 amd motherboard for a couple weeks now and cannot find the problem......it does not startup ,lights on....
fans on but no screen or hard drive come on ive change processor and memory with same and check every electronic part i can test even with cross
checking a working motherboard......my question is can the southbridge
be the problem here and how can i fix it.........please advice

eliang

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes my service tag falls in one category but ive already tampered with it and i purchased it from a source outside the USA.......dont have any document or warranty
docs ........please advice
thanks......
eliang

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
Does the article say it only covers machines bought in the USA? I am not sure what exactly you meant by 'already tampered with it' but I still do not see anything in the article that says something about this.

Anyhow, my point is if your unit is on the list, then I suggest you call them and see how they can help. If you don't avail of this opportunity, you will be spending a LOT for a motherboard.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi TriggerFinger.....
you're right...i'll give them a call, i tampered with it means i open the laptop and
reheated the southbridge with heat gun, because i read in this forum, it would give the same symtoms like i am experiencing ..... this opens up a helpful door
here and i apreciate this info........ur the man ..............

thanks in advance
eliang

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.