Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined TSF and so far it looks very helpful. But the problem that I've come across doesn't seem to be answered in any forums. So here it is.

I've been trying to play my fav. old school game Command & Conquer Generals on this laptop that I got from a buddy, its a bit outdated but an awesome computer none the less. After uploading the game from disc, I try and run it and then a dialog box pops up and says that I need to check the latest Directx version or to check my video card. But the thing is, is that I could run the game on two older computers. I reloaded and updated Direct X and the game still didn't work giving the same message, so my question is, do I need to get a new video card, and is it possible to, or does it seem like a direct x problem. Either way this link provides the specs of the laptop.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mobile/display/compaq-p900.html

And the system requirements for the game are as follow, and if some parts are not stated, than the laptop meets those requirements:

Questionable:

System Requirements;
32 MB AGP vid card using Nvidia GeForce2, ATI Radeon 7500, or more recent chipset with DirectX8.1 compatible driver.

I know it seems simple, but someone here must be able to answer.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I don't think the integrated graphics system on the laptop is up the task of running this game. I doubt that you can add a graphics card to this laptop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.