Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help.

Recently the power supply burned out on my 4yr old system and I changed it with a new 450 wat Soyo power supply.

When I start up the system, all i get is a bunch of beeps, a screen full of jumbled colors and the master dvd drive constantly spinning. No other drives show activity. No attempted bootup or anything else

I think its either the video card or the motherboard but I don't have any spare parts to test it with. Does anyone know what the problem is?

P4 1.4ghz socket 423
intel i850 M/B
512MB samsung rambus
Radeon 9700

Thanks

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
In most cases the beeps (post codes) are either long or short beeps. If you can post the beeps we can help narrow down the problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Attached sounds

I have attached the beeps with video card attached and one with videocard removed.

The continuous repeating sound is when the vid card is connected. With video out it beeps a few times only and stops.

I will check out the website and get back to you.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello All,

I installed a Pci VGA card I got a message saying that there was a boot failure.

I hit del or f1 and went into BIOS on restart, and it showed that it could not see the any IDE devices on my system. I tried auto check etc and it did not work.

It looks as if maybe the AGP and IDE subsystems on the M/B were probably damaged when the p/s went out. I haven;t been able to test my video card yet, so I don;t know if it was damaged also.

Seen anything like this happen before?

Also, I could not find Intel 850 chipset on the Bios website you gave me.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.