Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I was thinking about buying the Sonic MyDVD 6.1 program along with the plugin for Photo Story 3. I came across a review of Sonic MyDVD and the review said that Sonic installed something called "PowerReg Scheduler". I searched the net for this program, and some people say its adware/spyware, and others say it's harmless, and that it is used to collect registration data when you buy a new product. Does anyone know what this program ACTUALLY does? If you could help me out I would appreciate it. I am not going to buy the Sonic Product if I can't trust it.

Thanks
BMR777

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Program Name: PowerReg Scheduler

Executable Name: PowerReg Scheduler.exe

Required: No

Comments: PowerREGISTER from Leadertech. Registration reminder as used by Iomega, Hasbro & Microprose - amongst others
is as much as I could find out about this from Google... If I had to guess it's lisenced to these companies for different purposes. I would email Sonic and ask them about the purpose of this program. Are you sure it came with MyDVD?

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I have Sonic MyDVD6 and that damn power reg will nag you to death. Register now, search for updates, new Sonic products, etc. :sayno:

·
TSF Security Team, Emeritus
6,962 Posts
As stated PowerReg Scheduler is used to monitor whatever program/game is using it for Registration/Update purposes. That said...the programs more of a security risk then adware/spyware related but some products will display ads promoteing updates...ect. This process can be disabled once whatever program using it...is installed so don't let that effect your choice of the product.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.